CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR STUDY STAYS WINTER SEMESTER 2021/2022
Information on particular universities can be found on this website.
You can apply for more universities as well as a combination of inter-university and inter-faculty agreements.
We do not recommend more than 2 applications.
If you apply for more than one university, you need to provide all the relevant attachments for every application.
Applications can be submitted
from 1 October to 20 October 2020, 23:59.
Complete applications must be sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Marie Stanovská, phone no: 222 112 221. Please, if you have any questions, use this email address as well.
!!! As for the inter-faculty agreements you can study in Australia, Japan, Korea, USA, Canada, Russia and in other interesting places. There is a new agreement with the institucion CIDE, Mexico – knowledge of Spanish (level B2) required!!!
!!! As for the inter-university agreements you can study in New Zealand, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Africa, South America, USA, Canada and of course in many more other cool places!!!
Inter-university agreements are administered by the Rectorate of Charles University by the Foreign Relations Department. Candidates submit their application form at their faculty within the deadline to the International Office of FSV, after the faculty round the International Office sends applications of the successful applicants to the Rectorate, which carries out the final selection of the nominated students.
The selection procedure has two rounds:
- interview at the FSV
- selection of candidates from all faculties at the CU Rectorate
Detailed information about the selection procedure can be found on the web page of the rectorate - Inter-University agreements
Terms of Study: Students admitted via inter-university agreement do not pay tuition fees, but all other costs must be covered by themselves. However, they may apply for a contribution from the Charles University Mobility Fund.
Requirements for Participation in Selection: At least a second semester of study of a Bachelor programme or the first year of Masters programme. A very high skill level of English (more information below), grade point average of 2,00 or lower (this is not a requirement but it is strongly recommended).
Follow the 4 easy steps to make your exchange reality.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING SEM 2020/2021- CLOSED
Thank you for your interest in the inter-university student exchange tender. All the students have been informed about the faculty nominations by e-mail. The shortlisted nominations were forwarded to the rectorate for the second round. The Rectorate will inform the selected students and its decision is final. Please check your faculty e-mails regularly.
1ST: CHOOSE A UNIVERSITY WHERE YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD
2ND: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Conditions required for inter-university agreement study stays
1. Before submitting all the required documents to the International Office, please register here:
2. Please submit all the documents listed below (in pdf file) to email@example.com, Marie Stanovská, room 216.
The valid application must contain the following documents, however, some universities require additional documents (detailed list of required documents could be found on the page of each particular country below). The language in which the documents are to be submitted can also be found there.
- Consent to the processing of my personal data
- CV (including your e-mail and phone number)
- motivation letter
- specific study plan at the partner university
- letter of recommendation from an academic at FSV CU
- transcript of study results from the SIS and a total grade point average, for both study cycles (Bachelor and Master)
- confirmation of your language ability B2 or higher (a language according to the requirements of a particular university), certificate or confirmation from the Department of Foreign Languages at FSV, this is not needed in case you are a native English speaker. If TOEFL or IELTS certificate is needed and a student does not have these exams at the time of applying, he/she will provide another international language certificate or Assessment of Language Ability from the FSV CU Department of Foreign Languages. In addition, the student will provide a declaration that he/she will apply for the IELTS / TOEFL exam if nominated for the study abroad. Universities do not recognize an exception or other than the prescribed type of test with the desired results.
- passport copy (only some universities require it)
3RD: APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP TO SUPPORT YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD
If successful in the tender apply for a scholarship to support your exchange.
4TH: GET READY TO MAKE MOST OF IT
Requirements to meet an appropriate number of ECTS credits at the host university
- Dean's measures
- Bachelor students must obtain 20 ECTS Credits/ per semester.
- Master students must obtain 15 ECTS Credits/ per semester.
AFTER ARIVAL PAPERWORK
Immediately after the end of the stay, the following documents must be delivered to the International Office:
- Transcript of Records - from the host university
- Confirmation of Stay - from the host university (Make sure you collect the document before you end your exchange, it saves you a lot of time afterwards.)
The transfer of credits from the host university to FSV UK is recognized by the specified field guarantee upon request.
Recognized subjects are placed in the system by specified study department assistant.
Stop by the International Office and share your experience with us. Future exchange students will apreciate it.
CANCELLATION OF YOUR NOMINATION
In case you decide to cancel your nomination, let us know as soon as possible. E-mail your decision to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already been awarded a scholarship to support your exchange, you will have to return it. (Once you make the transfer, send the copy of the receipt to email@example.com).
For more information contact our Exchange coordinator Marie Stanovská, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.