Call for exchanges in Summer Semester 2021/2022
Applications can be submitted from 12 April to 10 May, 2021, 23:59.
Basic information here
A manual with the criteria given by the Rectorate CU is to be found here.
A list of available spots for exchanges via inter-university agreement here.
(the number of the spots given counts for the whole university)
For instructions how to apply please scroll lower.
Inter-university agreements are administered by the Rectorate of Charles University by the Foreign Relations Department. Candidates submit their application into the university online system within the deadline set by the International Office of FSV, after the faculty round the International Office forwards applications of the successful applicants to the Rectorate, which carries out the final selection of the nominated students.
The selection procedure has two rounds:
- Faculty round - selection on faculty level
- University round - selection of candidates from all faculties at the CU Rectorate
Detailed information about the selection procedure can be found on the web page of the rectorate - Inter-University agreements
Terms of Study: Students admitted via inter-university agreement do not pay tuition fees, but all other costs must be covered by themselves. However, they may apply for a contribution from the Charles University Mobility Fund.
Requirements for Participation in Selection: At least a second semester of study of a Bachelor programme or the first year of Masters programme. A very high skill level of English (more information below), grade point average of 2,00 or lower (this is not a requirement but it is strongly recommended).
Follow 4 easy steps to make your exchange reality.
1ST: CHOOSE A UNIVERSITY WHERE YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD
2ND: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
* Applications for Inter-University exchange must be submitted in a new app system.
* After the application is submitted, the student will email to email@example.com. In the email the student will state his/her priority regarding the submitted applications. (Every student can submit upto 2 applications.)
Only then the application is entered into the Call.
* Instruction manual - how to submit one's application in the online app system.
* Videomanual - how to submit one's application in the online app system
Preliminary study plan (must be signed by the guarantor of your study programme, signatures of individual teachers are not necessary)
Should you need help or have questions, please email the helpdesk in the app system or to Marie Stanovská firstname.lastname@example.org.
3RD: APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP TO SUPPORT YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD
If successful in the tender apply for a scholarship to support your exchange.
4TH: GET READY TO MAKE MOST OF IT
Requirements to meet an appropriate number of ECTS credits at the host university
- Dean's measures
- Bachelor students must obtain 20 ECTS Credits/ per semester.
- Master students must obtain 15 ECTS Credits/ per semester.
AFTER ARIVAL PAPERWORK
Immediately after the end of the stay, the following documents must be delivered to the International Office:
- Transcript of Records - from the host university
- Confirmation of Stay - from the host university (Make sure you collect the document before you end your exchange, it saves you a lot of time afterwards.)
The transfer of credits from the host university to FSV UK is recognized by the specified field guarantee upon request.
Recognized subjects are placed in the system by specified study department assistant.
Stop by the International Office and share your experience with us. Future exchange students will apreciate it.
CANCELLATION OF YOUR NOMINATION
In case you decide to cancel your nomination, let us know as soon as possible. E-mail your decision to email@example.com.
If you have already been awarded a scholarship to support your exchange, you will have to return it. (Once you make the transfer, send the copy of the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information contact our Exchange coordinator Marie Stanovská, email: email@example.com.