The Scientific Council takes care of the development and strategy of the scientific and research activities of the Faculty of Social Sciences. It is the Dean’s advisory arm in outlining long-term strategies in this field.
The Scientific Council has the following legal assignments:
- Discuss long-term plans for the Faculty’s educational, scientific, research and development, artistic and other activities drawn in compliance with the long-term planning endeavors of a public institution of higher learning;
- Approve study programs to be taught at the Faculty;
- Participate in procedures to appoint associate professors and full professors within legally set limits.
The Dean appoints the members of the Scientific Council from among leading experts in the fields pursued by FSV UK. Scientists from non-Charles University centres account for at least one third of the members of the Scientific Council.
PhDr. JUDr. Tomáš Karásek, Ph.D.
prof. RNDr. Ing. Michal Černý, Ph.D.
Dr. Ing. Zdeněk Drábek, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Jan Halada, CSc.
prof. PhDr. Dana Hamplová, Ph.D.
prof. PhDr. Vít Hloušek, Ph.D.
prof. Roman Horváth, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Julie Chytilová, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Jan Karlas, M.A., Ph.D.
prof. Ing. Michal Kejak, M.A., CSc.
doc. PhDr. Barbara Köpplová, CSc.
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Králová, Ph.D., M.A
doc. PhDr. Kateřina Kubalčíková, Ph.D.
doc. Mgr. Ing. Libor Kutěj, Ph.D.
prof. Ing. Martin Kvizda, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Alice Němcová Tejkalová, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Dino Numerato, Ph.D.
doc. Michel Perottino, Ph.D. -
prof. PhDr. Lenka Rovná, CSc.
prof. PhDr. Arnošt Veselý, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Jiří Vykoukal, Ph.D.
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Weiss, MA, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Mgr. Štěpánka Zemanová, Ph.D.
prof. PhDr. Marie Bořek-Dohalská, DrSc.
prof. PhDr. Jiří Kabele, Ph.D.
prof. PhDr. Jaroslav Kučera, CSc.
prof. Ing. Lubomír Mlčoch CSc.
prof. Dr. Miroslav Novák
prof. MgA. David Jan Novotný
doc. PhDr. Barbora Osvaldová
prof. PhDr. Martin Potůček, CSc. MSc.
prof. RNDr. Jan Ámos Víšek, CSc.
prof. Ing. Miloslav Vošvrda, CSc.
Dates of Scientific Council Meetings
- Meetings of Scientific Council in 2023: 15th February, 8th March, 12th April, 17th May, 14th June, 11th October, 8th November (ceremonial meeting), 13th December
- Meetings of the Scientific Council are held from 13:00 hours in the faculty´s Hollar building at Smetanovo nábřeží 6, Prague 1 (Room No. 212, 2nd floor) except for the November one, when the ceremonial meeting is held at the same hour in the small auditorium of the historic buildings of Karolinum (Small Assembly Hall/Malá aula - 1st floor).