The Scientific Council takes care of the development and strategy of the scientific and research activities of the Faculty of Social Sciences. It is the Dean’s advisory arm in outlining long-term strategies in this field.
The Scientific Council has the following legal assignments:
- Discuss long-term plans for the Faculty’s educational, scientific, research and development, artistic and other activities drawn in compliance with the long-term planning endeavors of a public institution of higher learning;
- Approve study programs to be taught at the Faculty;
- Participate in procedures to appoint associate professors and full professors within legally set limits.
The Dean appoints the members of the Scientific Council from among leading experts in the fields pursued by FSV UK. Scientists from non-Charles University centres account for at least one third of the members of the Scientific Council.
PhDr. Alice Němcová Tejkalová, Ph.D.
prof. RNDr. Ing. Michal Černý, Ph.D.
prof. PhDr. Marie Dohalská, DrSc.
Dr. Ing. Zdeněk Drábek
prof. Roman Horváth, Ph.D.
doc. PhDr. Jan Karlas, M.A., Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Michal Kejak, M.A., CSc.
RNDr. Tomáš Kostelecký, CSc.
doc. PhDr. Barbara Köpplová, CSc.
PhDr. Dušan Kováč, DrSc.
prof. PhDr. Jaroslav Kučera, CSc.
doc. Ing. Martin Kvizda, Ph.D.
prof. PhDr. Karel Müller, Ph.D.
prof. MgA. David Jan Novotný
prof. PhDr. Martin Potůček, CSc. MSc.
prof. PhDr. Lenka Rovná, CSc.
prof. PhDr. Blanka Říchová, CSc., dr. h. c.
doc. PhDr. Zdeněk Uherek, CSc.
prof. RNDr. Jan Ámos Víšek, CSc.
prof. Ing. Miloslav Vošvrda, CSc.
doc. PhDr. Jiří Vykoukal, CSc.
doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D.
doc. JUDr. PhDr. Jan Wintr, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Mgr. Štěpánka Zemanová, Ph.D.
prof. Dr. Detlef Brandes
prof. PhDr. Jiří Kraus, DrSc.
prof. Christian Lequesne
prof. Ing. Michal Mejstřík, CSc.
prof. Georges Mink
prof. Ing. Lubomír Mlčoch CSc.
prof. Dr. Miroslav Novák
doc. PhDr. Barbora Osvaldová
prof. PhDr. Michal Reiman, DrSc.
prof. Stein Ringen
prof. PhDr. Ilja Šrubař
prof. László Váradi
Dates of Scientific Council Meetings
- Meetings of Scientific Council in 2020: 12th February, 11th March, 8th April, 13th May, 10th June, 14th October, 11th November (ceremonial meeting at Karolinum rectorate building), 9th December.
- Meetings of the Scientific Council are held from 13:00 hours in the faculty´s Hollar building at Smetanovo nábřeží 6, Prague 1 (Room No. 212, 2nd floor) except for the November one, when the ceremonial meeting is held at the same hour in the small auditorium of the historic buildings of Karolinum (Small Assembly Hall/Malá aula - 1st floor).