February 29, 2024
early bird application deadline
The early-bird term is strongly recommended for students from visa-seeking countries.
April 30, 2024
regular application deadline
We will take you through the whole process step by step. Apply here!
Got a question? Let us know!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Marcela, Lukas or Eva from our International Office are here to help.
Drop them an email: email@example.com
Degree programmes and admissions
Why study with us?
1. You will get a high-quality education which means certain competitive advantages in the job market.
2. You will join a young and creative academic and students community.
3. You will have opportunities to meet important well-known people from academic and public life.
4. You will be able to choose from a wide range of optional lectures and seminars taught in Czech, English, German, French, Spanish and also Russian.
5. You will have the opportunity to participate in various academic, scientific, sporting and cultural activities.
6. You will have access to the university libraries and to the extensive selection of electronic databases.
7. You will study in modern lecture rooms.
8. You will have the opportunity to spend part of your studies abroad at our partner universities or you can enrol in one of our double degree programmes; the CSF programme cooperates with the University of Strasbourg and the IMESS programme is in partnership with University College London.
9. You will gain professional experience during your studies. The partners of FSV UK are for example, Czech Centres, the Václav Havel Library and People in Need.
10. ...and last but not least, you will enjoy the capital city and everything that goes with it!
The second anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine: How should the Czech Republic effectively support Ukraine now?
On February 24, 2024, two years will pass since Russian troops entered the territory of Ukraine. On this occasion, academics from the Expert Group for Ukraine (ESU) present their view of what the Czech Republic should do in the coming months to effectively help Ukraine.
It is with deep sadness that we announce that on January 22, 2024, at the age of 80, Prof. Ing. Miloslav Vošvrda, CSc. passed away. He was a long-time scientist and teacher at the Institute of Economic Studies of the FSV UK, member of the FSV UK scientific council and head of the econometrics department at the ÚTIA Academy of Sciences. Our sincere condolences to the bereaved.
Are you interested in studying a BA, MA or PhD study program with us? Do you want to know more about admissions and studying at our faculty? Join us on 30 January at 2pm for BA and MA Online Open Doors and on 12 February at 4pm for PhD Online Open Doors. We look forward to meeting you online!
Effective from November 29, 2023, prof. PhDr. Ing. Antonie Doležalová, Ph.D. (IES) and prof. PhDr. Kateřina Králová, Ph.D. (IMS) became new professors of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University. On December 12, 2023, they received the appointment decrees from the President of the Republic, Petr Pavel.
We would like to inform you with pleasure that this Wednesday, December 13, we are opening building A in the Jinonice Campus, i.e. the extension, which is also the entrance to the entire faculty complex. The most important part of building A is the new faculty library. It will offer more than 40,000 volumes, individual and team study rooms, a night study room or a relaxation zone.
Here you will find the holiday opening hours of FSV UK buildings and departments.