June 30, 2021
early bird application deadlines
The early-bird term is strongly recommended for students from visa-seeking countries.
August 31, 2021
regular deadline admissions
We will take you through the whole process step by step. Apply here!
Got a question? Let us know!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Katerina, Lukas or Eva from our International Office are here to help.
Drop them an email: email@example.com
Getting around #FSVUK
Why study with us?
1. You will get a high-quality education which means certain competitive advantages in the job market.
2. You will join a young and creative academic and students community.
3. You will have opportunities to meet important well-known people from academic and public life.
4. You will be able to choose from a wide range of optional lectures and seminars taught in Czech, English, German, French, Spanish and also Russian.
5. You will have the opportunity to participate in various academic, scientific, sporting and cultural activities.
6. You will have access to the university libraries and to the extensive selection of electronic databases.
7. You will study in modern lecture rooms.
8. You will have the opportunity to spend part of your studies abroad at our partner universities or you can enrol in one of our double degree programmes; the CSF programme cooperates with the University of Strasbourg and the IMESS programme is in partnership with University College London.
9. You will gain professional experience during your studies. The partners of FSV UK are for example, Czech Centres, the Václav Havel Library and People in Need.
10. ...and last but not least, you will enjoy the capital city and everything that goes with it!
Un/finished. That is the name of the upcoming exhibition of unfinished photographic projects by students of Filip Láb. Become a part of it and send your unfinished photos.
Central European Digital Media Observatory (CEDMO) will be located at the Faculty of Social Sciences
Central European Digital Media Observatory (CEDMO) project, which succeeded in an all-European contest, will be located at the Faculty of Social Sciences in Prague and it will be led by experts from Charles University and Czech Technical University.
PhDr. Ing. Petr Soukup, Ph.D. was chosen in the selection procedure for the director of the Institute of Sociological Studies FSV UK. The newly appointed director will assume the office on 1 June 2021.
The application deadline for the English language Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes is extended until 30 June 2021 for students from visa-seeking countries and 31 August 2021 for students who don't need to apply for visa.
Teaching at FSV UK will remain remote, except for the practical teaching of the last-year students of ICSJ. ICSJ students to whom the option of face-to-face practical teaching applies will be informed by the lecturers of the subjects in question.
Does Netflix teach us to be better Europeans? Czech scientists are also participating in an international project on European identity
The international research project EUMEPLAT has been launched on 1 March 2021. It aims to study how media platforms such as YouTube, NewsFeed or Netflix influence our perceptions of “Europeanity”.