June 30, 2021
early bird application deadlines
The early-bird term is strongly recommended for students from visa-seeking countries.
August 31, 2021
regular deadline admissions
We will take you through the whole process step by step. Apply here!
Got a question? Let us know!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Katerina, Lukas or Eva from our International Office are here to help.
Drop them an email: email@example.com
Getting around #FSVUK
Why study with us?
1. You will get a high-quality education which means certain competitive advantages in the job market.
2. You will join a young and creative academic and students community.
3. You will have opportunities to meet important well-known people from academic and public life.
4. You will be able to choose from a wide range of optional lectures and seminars taught in Czech, English, German, French, Spanish and also Russian.
5. You will have the opportunity to participate in various academic, scientific, sporting and cultural activities.
6. You will have access to the university libraries and to the extensive selection of electronic databases.
7. You will study in modern lecture rooms.
8. You will have the opportunity to spend part of your studies abroad at our partner universities or you can enrol in one of our double degree programmes; the CSF programme cooperates with the University of Strasbourg and the IMESS programme is in partnership with University College London.
9. You will gain professional experience during your studies. The partners of FSV UK are for example, Czech Centres, the Václav Havel Library and People in Need.
10. ...and last but not least, you will enjoy the capital city and everything that goes with it!
At its meeting today, the Academic Senate of Charles University elected Professor Milena Králíčková candidate for the rector of Charles University in the first round of elections. The proposal for the appointment of the rector will be submitted to the President of the Republic through the Minister of Education. On February 1, 2022, the new rector of Charles University will take office. The term of office is four years.
Today, Tomáš Karásek, the current Vice-Dean for Development and Head of the Department of Security Studies at the Institute of Political Studies, was elected candidate for the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences for the 2022-2026 election period.
The academic community of FSV UK nominated one candidate - Tomáš Karásek - in due time for the submission of candidates for the position of Dean of FSV UK. The election of the Dean of FSV UK will take place on October 12, 2021, at a meeting of the Academic Senate of FSV UK.
On Wednesday 22 September 2021, the awarding of honorary doctorates of Charles University took place in the Karolinum Auditorium.
Charles University has issued measures regarding testing, wearing respirators, arriving from abroad and attending exams, educational events and academic ceremonies. The measures also concern the operation of the dormitories. The University and the Faculty will keep the students informed of any updates.
From August 2, 2021, the amendment to the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals is effective, bringing a new insurance policy: obligation to take out travel medical insurance covering comprehensive health care with Pojišťovna VZP. Read more about the conditions of this new obligation.