News: Call for Applications for study stays in Fall Semester 2020/2021
The International Office announces a call for applications for study stays abroad within the framework of the inter-university agreements during the Fall Semester 2020/2021. Information on particular universities and the number of places available could be found after clicking on the appropriate country name below. The list of required documents could be found there too.
You can apply for more universities as well as a combination of inter-university and inter-faculty agreements. There is no limit on the number of applications but we do not recommend more than 3-4 applications. If you apply for more than one university, you need to provide a letter of motivation and a study plan for each of them, and other documents can only be submitted once (if possible).
For each application please fill in: the E-Application
At the same time, please do not forget to submit the Consent to the processing of personal data
Please submit all documents to Ms. Aneta Höschlová, Hollar, Office 216.
The deadline for submission of all documents was set for: Tuesday 5 November 2019, until 11:00 AM
All candidates will be invited to interviews that will be held in Hollar building on 11th November 2019, in case of larger amount of applicants the interviews will be held on 13th November as well.
Information about the additional call for applications for semestral study stays in the Spring 2020 semester (next summer semester) in Germany and Switzerland can be found here:
Inter-university agreements are administered by the Rectorate of Charles University by the Foreign Relations Department. Candidates submit their application form at their faculty within the deadline to the International Office of FSV, after the so-called faculty round the International Office sends applications of the successful applicants to the Rectorate, which carries out the final selection of the nominated.
The selection procedure has two rounds:
- interview at the FSV
- selection of candidates from all faculties at the CU Rectorate
Detailed information about the selection procedure can be found on the web page of the rectorate - Inter-University agreements
Terms of Study: Students admitted via inter-university agreement do not pay tuition fees, but all other costs must be covered by themselves. However, they may apply for a contribution from the Charles University Mobility Fund.
Requirements for Participation in Selection: At least a second semester of study of a Bachelor programme or the first year of Masters programme. A very high skill level of English (more information below), grade point average of 2,00 or lower (this is not a requirement but it is strongly recommended).
Conditions required for inter-university agreement study stays
1. Before submitting the printed application with all the necessary documents to the International Office, please register here:
2. The valid application must contain the following documents, however, some universities require additional documents (detailed list of required documents could be found on the page of each particular country below). The language in which the documents are to be submitted can also be found there.
- Consent to the processing of my personal data
- CV (including your e-mail and phone number)
- motivation letter
- specific study plan at the partner university
- letter of recommendation from an academic at FSV CU
- transcript of study results from the SIS and a total grade point average, for both study cycles (Bachelor and Master)
- confirmation of your language ability B2 or higher (a language according to the requirements of a particular university), certificate or confirmation from the Department of Foreign Languages at FSV, this is not needed in case you are a native English speaker. If TOEFL or IELTS certificate is needed and a student does not have these exams at the time of applying, he/she will provide another international language certificate or Assessment of Language Ability from the FSV CU Department of Foreign Languages. In addition, the student will provide a declaration that he/she will apply for the IELTS / TOEFL exam if nominated for the study abroad. Universities do not recognize an exception or other than the prescribed type of test with the desired results.
- passport copy (only some universities require it)
The application is physically submitted to Aneta Höschlová at the International Office of FSV CU, office No. 217 in two copies. Only in exceptional cases the application will be accepted by e-mail, complete and in a single pdf file.
3. Requirements to meet a specific number of ECTS credits at the host university:
4. Possibility to apply for financial support from the Rector's Mobility Fund for a study stay:
5. Immediately after the end of the stay, the following documents must be delivered to the International Office (could be delivered by e-mail only)
- Transcript of Records - issued by the host university
- Confirmation of Stay - issued by the host university
- Final Report Form - student mobility
6. The transfer of credits from the host university to the FSV CU is recognized by the supervisor of the specific study programme upon request.
Recognized subjects are recorded in the study system by a department assistant