Registration for the first year
Registration for the first year
The registration for our English-taught programmes is organized in several consecutive steps.
- Online registration
- Approval of your registration
- Registration into the Student Information System (SIS)
- Reservation of an in-person appointment
- In-person meeting with us
- Getting your Student Card (ISIC)
- You have to submit an online request for registration via your online application. Download this document, fill in the Enrolment form, print it, and sign it. Scan it (legible photo is also acceptable) and attach the scan as a single attachment to the official request. Fill in the short reasoning and submit the request. You can find the manual for online registration here.
- The above-mentioned document contains also the Matriculation Oath and Information on Occupational Safety and Fire Protection. Please, read them carefully. By signing the Enrolment Form, you confirm that you have read these documents and agree with them.
- Please note, the assessment of your request can take several days as we have to verify several things. If there is any issue with your request, we will contact you via email.
- The online registration will be possible from September 8, 2021, until October 8, 2021.
Registration into the Student Information System
- After the approval of your request, you will receive registration details for the Student information system (SIS) via email.
- In this email, you will find your login and initial password
- You have to change the initial password within 5 days.
- In the SIS, you will be able to enrol in particular courses. See the manual on how to do it here.
Reservation of an in-person appointment
- After the successful online registration, you can book an in-person appointment with us to finish the necessary paperwork.
- You can book the appointment via the reservation system accessible in your online application.
- You can see the manual here.
- When booking your appointment, please consider the date of your arrival in Czechia and the arrival restrictions such as quarantine etc.
- The appointment will be held in the Hollar building, Smetanovo nabr. 6, Prague 1, in room 217 (room 215 on September 15 and 16, 2021).
- The in-person appointment will be possible from September 13, 2021. The main appointment days are September 15 and 16, 2021. The reservation will be opened on September 8, 2021.
- Come on the scheduled date and time to our office (Hollar building, Smetanovo nabr. 6, Prague 1, room 217).
- Please, respect all anti-epidemic measures.
- Bring the original or the notarized hard copy of your diploma and transcript of records with you.
Getting the Student Card
- See this website for more information.
THE MOST IMPORTANT OBLIGATIONS
- To finish the registration, you have to present the original or the notarized copy of your diploma and transcript of records to us no later than in October 2021. The easiest way is to bring these documents to the arranged meeting with us unless you have already sent them to us via post (not email) in advance. If you know you will arrive in Czechia later than in October, please send us these documents via post to the address Kateřina Frídlová, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, OCJSP, Smetanovo nábř. 6, 11000 Praha 1, Czechia.
- Please note that after your online registration is approved, you are considered our student, and you are obliged to pay the whole year tuition fee. Please take this into thorough consideration with regards to your travel plans and the risk of online teaching.
- If you travel to Czechia late and there will be no possible dates in the online system, please book your appointment with us via email at email@example.com.
- Each student is obliged to fill in their Czech contact address into the SIS and keep this Czech contact address updated. We will use this address to send you the necessary hard copy documents regarding your studies if needed.