Aside from serving as evidence of the holder’s relation to the university, the student ID cards are used for access to dormitories, to the FSV UK Hollar building and to some FSV UK computer labs and libraries. Students also use their cards to pay for printing and copying as well as in the university cafeterias.


The ID cards are issued by card service centres (location, contact information and office hours can be found here).

student cards

When you enroll at Charles University, you choose between two types of student identity cards:

  • regular CU Student Card
  • CU ISIC Student Card: this is the only internationally recognized student identity card. Its holder gains access to a wide range of benefits and discounts. As a CU student, you have the attractive option of getting a CU Student Card that is merged with the ISIC card, thus enabling you to use all standard CU services and also benefits from ISIC-related discounts.

Where do you get your Student Card?

video 1  find your way

video 2 at the card centre