Study at Charles University can be interesting for many reasons. Some of them probably made you visit this page and look for more information. If you want to enrich your life by experience in Central Europe, Charles University with its three seats Prague (14 faculties), Hradec Králové (2 faculties) and Pilsen (1 faculty) is an excellent place. You can choose from various courses in English, German, French and in Czech.
The Czech Republic is a small country in the centre of Europe. Thanks to its location at the crossroads of various cultures, the Czech Republic has countless cultural and historical points of interest.
Our faculty ranks among the most popular faculties of Charles University for Erasmus+ students.
Practical information can be found here.
Factsheet FSV UK for partner universities
HOW TO APPLY
1. Partner University Nomination
To study at the Faculty of Social Sciences as an Erasmus student, a student’s home university must have an Erasmus Bilateral Agreement with Charles University, Faculty of Social Sciences.
A student must be nominated by his/her home University at first.
Student's home university
- email student’s nomination to email@example.com plus firstname.lastname@example.org
- the nomination information will include the student’s surname and name, date of birth, email address of the student, field of study
- fill out the FSV UK Nomination 2021/22 Google Form - here
Once both steps are completed, we will contact the students with more information and help them through the rest of the acceptance process.
2. Application Process
Once the university nomination has been accepted, the student is contacted by the Faculty of Social Sciences' coordinator with more information.
- complete an online application form (link will always be sent by email), step by step online registration guide here, template here.
- send all the below-listed documents in a single email to the Erasmus+ coordinator email@example.com
1) online application form signed and stamped by home university
2) online Learning Agreement signed and stamped by home university and student (please note 51% of the courses must be from our faculty)
3) latest Transcript of grades
4) B2 English level confirmation ( international language certificate, confirmation of student's language skills issued by the home university)
Only after an online application and all the required documents are sent to FSV UK, the application process is completed and the student is notified by email.
Online registration for incoming students for the winter term 2021/2022 will be possible from 1st March 2021.
Deadlines for students to complete online applications and send us all the required documents are as follow:
- Winter Semester: visa students 31th May 2021, rest 15th June 2021
- Summer Semester: visa students 15th October 2021, rest 30th October 2021
More information about the application process can be found on the University website.
Learning agreement is a fundamental document that recognizes your studies at the receiving university. It includes courses that are agreed to be accomplished during your mobility.
Search for courses in our Student System (SIS), choose your courses following the rule 51% courses are from the Faculty of Social Sciences, and fill in your LA. Have it approved by your home university and then send it to us by email along with other required documents.
To be accepted we ask for the Learning Agreement that is part of the online application form. And if your university requires their Learning Agreement form, we can sign it as well.
Online Learning Agreement OLA
Some universities use OLA. For a successful signing process, please make sure you put the right information about the receiving university coordinator and valid courses. In case your LA is declined, please read the note and amend it accordingly.
Receiving Institution Information
|Name:||Univerzita Karlova (Charles University)|
|Erasmus code:||CZ PRAHA07|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Address:||Smetanovo nabrezi 6, Prague 1|
|Contact Person Name:||Petra Devine|
|Contact Person Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Erasmus+ coordinators at institutes
For more information contact our Erasmus+ coordinator, email: email@example.com.