Study at Charles University can be interesting for many reasons. Some of them probably made you visit this page and look for more information. If you want to enrich your life by experience in Central Europe, Charles University with its three seats Prague (14 faculties), Hradec Králové (2 faculties) and Pilsen (1 faculty) is an excellent place. You can choose from various courses in English, German, French and in Czech.
The Czech Republic is a small country in the centre of Europe. Thanks to its location at the crossroads of various cultures, the Czech Republic has countless cultural and historical points of interest.
Our faculty ranks among the most popular faculties of Charles University for Erasmus+ students.
Practical information can be found here.
Factsheet FSV UK for partner universities
HOW TO SEARCH AND SELECT COURSES FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS
Here you will find details on how to select and search for courses, how to find bachelor or master level courses, how to read the course codes and much more information.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Partner University Nomination
First, the home university nominates its students via Charles University Online Nomination Form.
2. Application Process
Once the nomination is accepted, the Faculty of Social Sciences Coordinator contacts the student with more information about the application process, including course selection, deadlines, accommodation information, academic calendar etc.
To be accepted, all students must fill in the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and send all required documents to the email address email@example.com.
1. Online Application form - signed by the student and home university coordinator
2. Learning Agreement / OLA
3. Latest Transcript of grades
4. B2 English level confirmation - official international language certificate or confirmation of student's language skills issued by the home university
Nomination and Application Deadlines
Nomination deadlines for our partner universities:
- Winter Semester: 15 April
- Summer Semester: 15 September
Online Application Form deadlines for nominated students:
- Winter Semester: 15 May
- Summer Semester: 15 October
Required documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- Winter Semester: 15 June (visa students 31 May)
- Summer Semester: 31 October (visa students 30 September)
More information about the application process can be found on the University website.
The learning agreement is a fundamental document recognising your studies at the receiving university. It includes courses that are agreed to be accomplished during your mobility.
All Erasmus+ students must follow these rules:
- You must select courses under the class „Courses for Incoming Students“.
- The maximum number of credits is 36 ECTS per semester (minimum 20 ECTS as a bachelor-level student and 15 ECTS as a master-level student)
- 51% of courses MUST be from the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Only 1 sports course is allowed per semester and must be included in the Learning Agreement.
Courses in your Learning Agreement are not guaranteed because the course offer and schedule are not settled yet. Some courses might be cancelled, will have limited capacity etc.
We will share the final list of courses available for Exchange students 2 weeks before the start of the semester, so you will have enough time to look for alternatives or make a plan B.
Online Learning Agreement OLA/EWP Dashboard
If your home university uses an EWP dashboard/OLA platform, fill in the Learning Agreement. Once your home university signs it, we will receive a system notification and sign it from our side.
Receiving Institution Information
|Univerzita Karlova (Charles University)
|Faculty of Social Sciences
|Smetanovo nabrezi 6, Prague 1
|Contact Person Name:
|Contact Person Email:
|Institute of Economic Studies, PhDr. Lenka Šťastná, Ph.D
|Institute of Communication Studies and Journalism, Mgr. Jan Miessler
|Institute of International Studies, Bc. Jiřina Tomečková
|Institute of Political Studies, PhDr. Malvína Krausz Hladká, Ph.D.
|Institute of Sociological Studies, Mgr. Tereza Hanzlíková
For more information contact our Erasmus+ coordinator Barbora Stará, email: email@example.com