Inter-university Agreements - Mobility of Academics
Inter-university Agreements - Mobility of Academics
Charles University’s inter-university agreements enable academic staff members to travel abroad for short periods (1–3 weeks) for purposes of research, study, and teaching.
Most of the inter-university agreements that Charles University concludes with foreign partner universities support the mobility of researchers, doctoral students and post-doctoral students. These regard short-term (one- to three-week) research, study and lecture stays, which the academic staff arrange with their foreign partners in advance.
The numbers of the academic mobility are limited by contracts (i.e., numbers of days and persons per year), provided reciprocity and according to the current financial conditions of both universities. No academic staff is entitled to the academic mobility automatically.
A complete list of partner universities of Charles University currently involved in academic mobility schemes can be found here.
NEW: One-month scholarships offer for PhD students and postdocs for stays at the partner University of Vienna in 2021 (September – December)
Following the previous experience, our partner university in Vienna offers 4 one-month academic stays suitable for PhD students and postdocs within the framework of interuniversity cooperation.
The above-mentioned academic stays are scheduled for September – December 2021 and shall therefore be initiated within this time period. Please note that all candidates will be responsible to manage the accommodation for the academic stay on their own. Each successful candidate reserves the right to receive 1.000 € scholarship per month.
Furthermore, the candidates are appointed to agree on the details of their academic stay with their respective academic partner (i.e. supervisor); you can also find your own academic partner here.
Each candidate is supposed to provide the academic partner with a brief personal introduction and enclose the description of the actual academic stay. Moreover, each candidate shall inform the respective academic partner about the one-month scholarship claim (if applicable) and arrange the term of the eventual academic stay beforehand. The academic partner will subsequently issue the Acceptance letter of a supervisor; please note that this letter has to be enclosed along with the other following attachments (in English):
- Application form (download here)
- Standardized Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Short bibliography related to the research topic
- Detailed description of the research project and its main purpose
- Recommendation letter from the CU and grade point average from the previous study
- Pre-acceptance letter from the University in Vienna (acceptance letter of an academic supervisor)
All application forms have to be submitted to the International Relations Office of FSV UK (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) until 20 July, 2021.
The final selection procedure will be carried out by the Vice-Rector for the International Affairs and Mobility of the Rectorate of the CU.
The applicant contacts his/her current/potential scientific partner at a contracted foreign university and agrees with him/her on the specific content and purpose of his/her stay. Based on the agreement, the applicant prepares the application form in one original copy (please do not staple) including:
- Academic Visitor Application – Application Form
- Invitation letter from a foreign partner proving the consent of the purpose of the applicant's stay. Please, provide the invitation letter on the letterhead of the partner’s university.
- Justification for multiple stays (concerning applications for more than 2 trips a year to one country).
The deadline for application submission for the calendar year 2022 will be announced in October/November 2021.
- the application documents for all foreign partner universities shall be sent electronically to the email: email@example.com OR by internal post to Jessica Grossová International Office, Faculty of Social Sciences, Hollar Building)
- The mobility of researchers in non-European countries can be discussed individually at any time during the year.
Obligations of academic mobility participants
- Please, report the agreed date of your stay to OZS FSV (unless it is specified in the application form or if there is a change),
- Immediately report a possible cancellation of your stay to OZS FSV so your spot can be offered to other interested parties,
- within 14 days after your return, fill in the Report of a foreign trip (Závěrečná zpráva ze zahraniční cesty), let it sign by the head of the department, and submit it to the International Office of the Faculty which will forward it to the International Relations Office at the Rectorate.
Application Form Update due to COVID-19
If the academic staff members and doctoral students do not want or cannot state the exact date of their stay at the partner university, it is possible to use the following statement both in the "Academic visitor application" and in the invitation letter of the foreign partner:
"The stay will be realized during the year 2021 and due to the epidemiological situation, specific dates will be set and agreed upon by both parties in a due course before the stay."
The updated document is available above in the Application process.
The list of Inter-university agreements that the Faculty of Social Sciences participates on:
For more information contact Exchange Program Coordinator: Ms Jessica Grossová, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.