Elections of a candidate for the Dean 2021
Elections of a candidate for the post of the Dean 2021
Academic Senate of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, announces the elections of a candidate for the post of the Dean, according to the Rules of Procedure AS FSV UK, Article 13 and 14.
The Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, is one of the youngest faculties of Charles University. It was founded in 1990 with the intention to build an institution for interdisciplinary education and research in the social sciences field of study, benefiting the restored democratic communality. In the course of its existence, it has become a leading education and research facility with both domestic and international renown. The mission of the Dean to-be will be to use the faculty’s potential and to ensure its dynamic development.
- Announcement of the election of a candidate for the Dean: 11 May 2021
- Appointment of the election committee for the election of a candidate for the Dean: 11 May 2021
- Publication of the election date: 11 May 2021
- Venue for the election: to be specified at least 30 days before the election
- Deadline for submission of proposals for candidates: from 20 August 2021 to 20 September 2021
- Presentation of the candidates at the meeting of the Academic Senate of FSV UK: 5 October 2021, 5 pm, the place will be specified at least 30 days before the election
- Public presentation of the candidates to the academic community: 7 October 2021, 4 pm, the venue will be specified at least 30 days before the election
- Election of a candidate for the Dean at the meeting of the Academic Senate: 12 October 2021
- Deadline for new proposals in case of unsuccessful election: 19 October 2021
- Second election at the meeting of the Academic Senate: 26 October 2021
AS FSV UK adopted a resolution on the election of a candidate for the post of the Dean at its meeting on 11 May 2021.
- Kateřina Konrádová – Chair of the committee
- Jaromír Soukup
- Martin Štoll
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS FOR CANDIDATES
Any member of the academic community of FSV UK can submit a candidacy proposal to the Chair of the Electoral Commission in writing to the address below and at the same time electronically to the e-mail email@example.com.
The necessary annexes to the proposal are:
- written consent of the proposed person;
- structured CV including contact details;
- the concept of development of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, in the recommended range of 10 standard pages, which will contain, in addition to the main development goals and ways to achieve them, an idea of the members of the Dean’s Collegium;
- in the case of candidates born before 1 December 1971, a valid lustration certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll.
A signed version of the proposal and annexes delivered in written form will be considered binding.
Candidates in the first round of elections will have the opportunity to present themselves to the Academic Senate during its regular meeting on 5 October 2021 at 5 pm and to the academic community of the faculty at the meeting held on 7 October 2021 at 4 pm (venues will be specified at least 30 days before the meeting).
The Dean is appointed by the Charles University Rector.
PAPER CORRESPONDENCE CONTACT
The chair of Election Committee
Fakulta sociálních věd
Smetanovo nábř. 6
110 01 Praha 1