All applicants must apply through the online application of the Rectorate.
Spring round of Mobility Fund UK
01/02/2023 - 20/03/2023
The Mobility Fund has two basic principles:
- It will only ever fund future travel plans (i.e. it will not fund travel in arrears).
- It will provide no more than half of the student's anticipated expenses. The aim of the Mobility Fund is to provide a contribution to the student's extra living/study expenses while they are abroad, not to provide 100% financing.
- The contribution cannot be claimed for Erasmus + stays, which includes a scholarship nor with POINT.
- No online mobility will be supported.
The level of funding is also determined by the number of applications received and by the budget available. The Rector reserves the right to reduce the level of funding to individual students and/or to turn down individual applications completely when budget constraints demand it.
Applications to the Mobility Fund must include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation including a detailed plan of study
- Confirmation of nomination for the exchange and/or a letter of acceptance
- Evidence of language ability
- A letter of recommendation (also called a Letter of Approval) written by an academic from FSV UK
- Completed application form
All the documents may be submitted in English or in Czech.
Students seeking to fund their individual study/research trips related to their thesis may also apply for funding from the Rector's Mobility Fund under the same conditions as exchange students.
Rules, guidelines and further links
More detailed information is available on the Mobility Fund webpage.
NEW! Methodological guidelines for the CU Mobility Fund 2023-1 NEW!
NEW! Priorities for the activities of Charles University’s Mobility Fund for 2023 NEW!
A letter of intent must be signed.
Students are advised to focus on the content and the aim of their mobility. Do not use empty phrases without any relevant information.
It is recommended to state the title of the student's diploma thesis if it is the point of the study abroad.
Copied letters of intent can result in the rejection of the scholarship application.
How to apply for a mobility funding (step by step manual)