External Work and Academic Offers
Supported by the project No. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_015/0002362
Student Internship at Global Learning
Global Learning is a non-profit organization which develops high quality, affordable international educational programs for a diverse student population and administers a range of study abroad programs in collaboration with its partner universities in Asia and Western Europe. As an international educational non-profit organization, Global Learning is currently seeking to expand its educational activities in Brussels, Phuket (Thailand) and other places, for which why we are currently looking to hire a student as an intern to assist us with a range of tasks.
The main criteria:
- preferably an MA or PhD student
- high English language proficiency, native or non-native speaker, Czech language not needed;
- preferably International Relations, Political Science, but also Economics or International Business, as his/her field of study;
- have a genuine interest in following and analyzing international developments (political, economic, security etc) with an emphasis on the European Union;
- have good organizational skills and be able to work independently, including, for example, help lead/moderate some panel discussions (such as during the Brussels Summer School for Young Leaders);
- personal integrity, pro-active attitude and ownership of one’s work are expected as much of the assignments will be unsupervised;
- good social / interpersonal skills;
- preferably willing to commit to a longer-term collaboration (that could include remuneration)
- Global Learning has a start-up-like working environment that offers a great degree of flexibility and requires the willingness to use technology (social media etc) as a means for communication and teamwork;
- work experience to learn a variety of new skills and increase confidence;
- the unique opportunity to meet and work with leading scholars, top policymakers and diplomats as well as young people from all over the world;
- opportunity to travel overseas to help run educational programs in third countries
More information about Global Learning non-profit organization.
Offers on FacebookFacebook
Tips and Ideas
PR SPECIALIST AT MEDIA AGENCY - Pyxis
Do you have a soft spot for PR? Join us as our new PR SPECIALIST. At PYXIS MEDIA, we are a team of enthusiastic people who help our clients to be seen. Do you love PR? Then we are looking for you!
Who do we need?
A new member of the PYXIS family. You should be a creative person with a perfect knowledge of English. We expect you to have a refined sense of design, excellent communication skills as well as great knowledge of social media (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram). It doesn’t matter if you are a student of communication disciplines, experienced specialist or someone who fell for PR recently. What we look for is passion and drive.
Who are we and what can we offer?
PYXIS MEDIA is a company based on trust (both within our team and with our clients). We work agile from different countries all over the world, so trust is really important for us. We are all very open-minded and we like people who are able to discuss, criticize, and come up with new ideas. We all love our work and put our hearts into everything we do. You’ll be working remotely as a part of our friendly yet professional team. We’ll need your help for 20–30 hours/month and you can work anywhere – anytime. You’ll work on interesting projects, promote lifestyle lovemarks, and you’ll have a free hand in sourcing new clients.
We are not:
- a typical corporate
- fans of hierarchy (we believe in team cooperation)
- forcing anyone to have any “working hours” (only deadlines matter)
- giving up on things; “I can’t” and “it’s not possible” are prohibited :)
What will you do? Your main duty will be:
- supporting the PR manager and working with the PR team
- social media maintenance
- media monitoring
- liaising with media
You will also:
- prepare press materials for lifestyle media
- cooperate on PR strategy development
- source and maintain media relations
- your key qualities should be:
- efficiency and aim-orientation
- we also expect you to be able to plan strategically and solve problems from A to Z
What will give you an advantage?
- experience in media and PR
- list of media contacts
- experience with project management tools (JIRA etc.)
- knowledge of graphic programs (Adobe)
- knowledge of any other language than English
Interested? Great! Just send the following to HR@PRCZECH.CZ:
- your CV & Cover letter
- your social media sites
- examples of your work
- examples of your media contacts
External Work and Academic Offers
Call for Early Stage Researchers - FATIGUE
The Institute of International Studies at FSV UK is seeking to appoint two high-calibre Early Stage Researchers (ESR) to join the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network on "Delayed Transformational Fatigue in Central and Eastern Europe: Responding to the Rise of Illiberalism/Populism" (FATIGUE).
The deadline is 28th February 2018.
REKOLA Bikesharing - special offer for FSV UK students
Rent a pink bike anytime you want. Ride for as long as you need, then lock it within the zone for the next rider. If you are a FSV UK student, you can try the first ride for free or get a discount membership for month or for a year!
What to do: