Degree Recognition

Degree recognition

Under Czech law, students who have obtained their previous education (secondary, undergraduate or postgraduate) abroad are required to get such education recognised in the Czech Republic before they can register for a degree programme at a Czech university. In the Czech language, this process is called "nostrifikace".

"Nostrifikace" is needed only by students who wish to register at the Faculty of Social Sciences for a degree programme. It is NOT needed by visiting and exchange students.

For more information about this process please contact the International Office at