NEWS: HKBU SUMMER SCHOOL
International office announces a call for application for HKBU Summer School. More details could be found below. The deadline is Friday, February, 1st, 11 AM. Please bring the required documents to Aneta Höschlová (Hollar Building, Office 217). Possible oral interviews will take place in the first half of February.
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL AT HONG KONG BAPTIST UNIVERSITY
Term: 2. 7. - 1. 8. 2018
Number of available spots for Faculty of Social Sciences: 2
- Hong Kong Baptist University offers 2 places for a student of a bachelors programme UK FSV.
- Conditions for participation in the selection: bachelor's program, grade point average up to 2.00, proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL certificate 550 minimum (paper-based), 80 (Internet-based) or IELTS (minimum requirement: 6.0) or a confirmation from the Language Centre at FSV.
- The Summer School offers over 30 courses from a wide range of disciplines: Business, Communication, Economics, English, Film, Finance, History, Journalism, Marketing, Religion, Science and Sociology.
- The maximum study load is 6 ECTS credits. Each course is rated 2-3 ECTS credits. Within the range of possibilities offered by the curriculum (and in agreement with the guarantor of the study), the credits can be recognized by the FSV UK.
- Students also have the opportunity to participate in an accompanying programme of cultural and social activities.
- Accommodation: Students will be accommodated in double rooms directly at the campus of the university
- The estimated costs are quoted in the appendix below. The selected candidate may apply for a grant from the UK Mobility Fund.
- Complete information
Required documents to be submitted to Aneta Höschlová (Hollar Building, Office 217):
- Consent to the processing of my personal data
- Information about your study results at FSV (results from SIS are enough, but please indicate clearly the grade-point average), in case you do not have any study results at FSV yet, please submit your study results from your bachelor studies
- Motivation letter
- Letter of recommendation from an academician or supervisor from FSV UK
- English certificate (please see above) or Assessment of Language Ability (confirmation from the Department of Foreign Languages at FSV), you do not have to submit this in case you are a native English speaker
- Please fill in the E-Application
Registration deadline: Friday, February 1st, 2019, 11:00AM. Possible oral interviews will take place in the first half of February.
In the case of selection, the student will be asked to deliver the following documents quickly:
- Application for Enrollment (which you will receive from the coordinator)
- Immigration form
- A statement from a bank account that proves sufficient funds for obtaining a visa
- 2 copies of a passport
- 3 photographs in passport size
Summer Schools within inter-faculty agreements
- International Summer School on Hong Kong Baptist University
- AIPES/ FSV UK (SS in Prague)
- Application - Prague
- Global Institute for Leadership and Civic Development v Raleigh, North Carolina
- AIPES/ FSV UK (SS in Prague)
- Global Institute for Leadership and Civic Development in Prague
- The Missouri School of Journalism, The University of Missouri (SS in Prague, student selection on ICSJ)
- Intercultural Studies Summer Programme (SS in Prague)
FSV UK students get a discount on tuition fees (2 ECTS course is for $354 + dormitory fee)
- Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe (FSS, IHU, LSEE, PRIO)
Selection of students for the summer program takes place on FSS on IIS