FAQ International students

FAQ International students

What general measures has FSV taken to combat COVID-19?

The health and safety of our students and staff is our prime concern. Charles University is adhering strictly to the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.

We also keep our students and staff informed about the measures we are taking. A Dean´s Measures against the spread of coronavirus at FSV UK has been published to ensure the operation of the faculty in the coming period. You can download it here.

Please follow the general hygienic measures recommended by the state administration. 

  • Wear face masks according to the current governmental measures
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water
  • Use hand sanitizer as a disinfectant as much as possible
  • Avoid crowded areas
  • Keep social distancing where possible

I have heard that students have to moved out of Dormitories, is that right?

NO, this governmental measure applies only to students who have the place of residence in Czechia other than at the University´s Dormitories. Therefore in general, it does not apply to all our English-degree and Exchange students. Please, stay calm and wait for instructions from the Dormitory Office. If you will experience some difficulties regarding this measure, its inappropriate translation, or application, please let us know.

I have my housing arranged in a university dormitory but I will come to Prague after September 30, what should I do?

Your housing will be available according to your housing contract. If you arrive after September 30, please send a short note at the email address you can find in the housing contract so your reservation could be extended.

You should also inform the accommodation office of the hall of residence where you will stay if you arrive outside their office hours (Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm). They have to know it because of the need to prepare a key for your room at the reception. You can find their email address on your housing voucher.

Please bear in mind if you travel form high risk countries you might be sent to a quarantine room situated in a different hall of residence. After submitting negative PCR test you will be accommodated in your standard room.

The first payment should be made directly to the accommodation office, in cash, by bank transfer or by credit/debit card, in advance. Generally, you will be expected to pay your first month's rent upon your arrival.  Subsequent payments will be due at the end of each month, for the month following.

Is it possible to come to the International office in person?

We kindly ask our students to be considerate of other fellow students, academics and administrative staff and contact us via email or telephone if possible. In cases where the presence of students is necessary, we kindly ask you to adhere to the office hours, or make an appointment in advance, wear face masks at the visits of the International Office. We, therefore, urge you to bring sufficient face masks for your need. There are hand sanitizers at your disposal in the office so please use it every time while entering. Likewise, we suggest keeping a distance between one another while waiting at the International Office (corridor).

For actual information, you can follow the Faculty website.

May I change my dormitory to another place to live?

If you change your mind about living in the dorm, it is possible to move out at any time.  You will have to give the accommodation office for two months' notice.

You can find a lot of useful and important information at the official websites of the University's Halls of Residence.


Should you want to change your room within the halls of residence contact the accommodation office of your particular halls of residence.